Good health is not only important for humans - it’s important for our dogs as well! If you think about it, dogs are constantly running around and touching things that might leave bacteria, viruses, toxins, and chemicals on their paws and body. An unhealthy diet and wrong dog food can also be a big issue. There is a possibility that their food carries unwanted ingredients that are potentially toxic and harmful to them. Dogs are also regularly vaccinated which can be a big stress factor for their bodies. All of those things can build up in their system and cause stress to their immune system.
In the short run, we might not see the damage that is caused to our furry friends, but it can all lead to many health problems and diseases in the future. The most common ones are allergies, digestive issues, immune diseases, problems with organs and even cancer.
With the current health situation and the world being in a volatile state, now more than ever, we should be doing what we can to boost their immunity to make sure they enjoy optimal health.
There are several things we can do to boost our dog’s immune system including making changes in the way we care for them and making sure they are eating a diet that is high in immune-boosting supplements and antioxidants.
A dog that has the proper amount of physical activity will be less prone to illness. Make sure your dog is taken out frequently for walks and bring him on outings where he can run and jump around. Dogs that are active will maintain a healthy weight and the movement will help with their blood circulation and digestive system reducing the risk of them becoming sick. Because of the current situation in the world, taking your dog to play with other dogs in a park or on a play date is not the best option. But it is still important to keep them active and take them for a walk if you can.
Keep Your Dog Clean
Dogs love to root around in the dirt and explore their surroundings which can increase their exposure to bacteria and germs. While some exposure can help them boost their immune system, it’s important to maintain proper hygiene to keep them healthy. While washing your dog to often can weaken their immune system, regular baths are recommended. It is also recommended to wipe their paws whenever they come to your house from the outside world.
And not only can dogs get dirty, but their toys can also get dirty as well. To minimize the chances of dogs getting sick from playing with toys and putting them in their mouths, wash these items in warm or hot water. Avoid using dish soap which could contain toxic chemicals. Then dry them well as moisture is a great breeding ground for bacteria.
Give Them the Right Supplements
There are many supplements that are recommended for boosting immunity. Supplements can be found in food or they can be given to a dog separately in a form of a chew, liquid or powder. Here are a few ingredients that are known to be essential for your dog’s immunity:
- Hemp seeds and Hemp oil: Hemp is good for the immune system because it is rich in antioxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress. It can be effective in reducing the risk of heart disease, treating skin conditions and improving digestive health, it acts anti-inflammatory and stimulates the appetite for a healthy diet.
- Omega 3, 6, 9: They can be found in Flaxseed, which is derived from the flax plant. They temper the inflammation response. They also contribute to cell function, cell membrane structure, immune function, the health of your dog’s skin and coat, normal reproduction, and even the growth of your dog.
- Sunflower Lecithin: It helps with improving cholesterol levels and improving the functions of the nervous and circulatory systems. It has a positive effect on memory, clarity and muscle control, assists vitamin absorption and improves healing capabilities.
- Curcumin: Curcumin is a known cancer fighter. It is also a pain reliever and acts anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant known to protect the body from free radicals to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Zinc: Zinc keeps the immune system strong. It also supports normal growth and helps with healing wounds.
- Probiotics: Probiotics introduce beneficial microorganisms into the digestive tract. They have also been shown to secrete protective substances that can activate the immune system to prevent pathogens from creating serious diseases.
PointPet® Hemp Immunity Support supplements are perfect for boosting the immunity of your dog. Our 100% natural formula, based on Hemp Seed Oil, with Sunflower Lecithin, Flaxseed, and Hemp Seeds, makes it a true nutritional powerhouse.
We are confident that our supplements will improve your pet's life, but if you think that they are not the best fit for your dog, we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
Because we would like to help you with boosting your furry friend's immune system, we are offering you an opportunity to get a 20% discount on PointPet® Hemp Immunity Support, when you purchase it together with PointPet® Hip + Joint.
Here is what our customers say about our products: